Today I wanted to bring you a very important message from a very special person. Before he speaks with us I'd like to tell you that I am fundraising to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society has created many innovative ways to get involved. One way is engaging nominees for Man and Woman of the Year title in a friendly competition to raise money for blood cancer research. I am honored to say that I have been nominated for Man of the Year. However, this is not what I came to you to talk about.
I'd like to introduce Mikey, a blood cancer survivor who is here to tell us his story. He was diagnosed at age 4, but says he could not really grasp the idea of himself having cancer until the age of 6. Throughout all the struggles and hardships that Mikey went through, he describes his experience as simultaneous instances of misery and happiness. As he was battling his own disease, he also helped others to fight their own battles as he campaigned and took part in charitable events for others affected by leukemia.
Mikey's father, Jim, says that the survival rate for leukemia 30 years ago was right around 15%. Currently the survival rate is 85%, but that still leaves us with 15% of people who lose this fight, and we're trying to change that. Also, what most people don't realize is that when you're diagnosed with cancer, it's only one of many battles you fight. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are absolute killers to your immune system. Even a small cold can kill you, and this makes life even more difficult.
This is why we need your help to fight cancer. No donation is too small, so please help us out. If you would like more information on our mission, then visit this website: http://www.mwoy.org/pages/md/md14/LeeTessier
All donations are greatly appreciated and are tax deductible. They not only support LLS research, but also patient services, advocacy, public and professional education, and community services as well.
Please visit my Web site and bring friends who would also like to donate!
Check out our upcoming events!
Unite to Fight Cancer Golf Tournament
@ Mountain Branch Golf Grille & Pub
$165 PER PLAYER SCRAMBLE FORMAT
11:30 AM REGISTRATION & GRAB N’ GO LUNCH
1:00 PM SHOTGUN
5:30 - 8:00 PM AWARDS & DINNER
CONTACT OUR OFFICE 410-638-9555 for more information
Like on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/
On behalf of blood cancer patients everywhere I thank you for your support! For more information about LLS, please visit www.lls.org